Thursday, December 9, 2010


“Michelle thank you so much for meeting me! You didn’t get too lost I hope.”
“No not at all. This is the one place I actually know how to get to. My boyfriend and I come here a lot.” Funny so did Adam and I.
“Oh wow. your seeing someone? Who’s the lucky guy?” Michelle dated in college but never called any of them a boyfriend, she was never too serious about relationships. Unlike me who had a boyfriend through out college to end out senior year then a year after college I meet Adam. 
“Yeah it just sort of happened. When I was living in Paris, we ran into each other. We literally ran into each other. I was running and adjusting my head phones and he was a typical American being lost in his own world on the phone.”
“Oh wow, ‘typical Americans’. You moved there right after we graduated correct?”
“Yeah, it was such a shock. But I loved ever minute of it.” 
“Wow. I have never been to Paris. I hear it is a city you either fall in love with or you never go back to.” That is definitely true. When Wes came to Paris on business, oh Wes is my boyfriend. But when..” Wes. That was the names of my ex fiances best man. I can’t remember the last time I heard that name. He was also so kind and we had a little thing when we were in college but were much better friends. “I had to show him around the city, but he still did not appreciate it.”
“Well I’m sure if you gave me a tour it could change my mind. How long have you and Wes been seeing each other?” I feel myself taking a hard swallow. What is so hard if it is the Wes I know. He didn’t leave me. Although he was my support system until is caused major issues with Adam and we just lost touch.
“Umm. Not too sure. Just under a year.”
“Oh wow. That’s amazing! Congratulations.”
“Thank you. It is weird because at first I didn’t think much of him, and I believe he knew that. But now he’s great. I think he was forced to grow up and he did.” Michelle just sits back and does this smile of being absolutely smitten. “Joy are you seeing anyone?”
“Me? You know me. Running from each relationship to the next.” They both laugh. “In all seriousness I was engaged but the guy was not ready so it has just taken me longer than expected to get back into the dating mind.”
“Wow, that’s hard. I thought you would be married by now.” So did I. “You always had the boys chasing after you. There was one I though you would give a chance but even he didn’t make the cut.”
“Well then he one who got away. His loss though right.” I hope it’s his loss
“Tell you what. I am having an engagement little thing next week. I would really like for you to come. It is totally casual. I am not one for big, showy, you know? No dinner. Simply entrees with servers walking around with them and drinks. My soon to be mother and law hates the idea, but its my wedding.”
“Are you sure?”
“Joy your coming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment