Friday, December 30, 2011


“How did I get here?” A typical question for some hungover college students, adults questioning how they ended up with the life they’re in, and that would probably should be my category. But I am the exception, not because I believe to be an exception, I just am. I am the college student whose woken up and wondered where I am but that was two years ago when I was just a freshmen, now I’ve ‘grown up’ and ‘know better’ and of course I would NEVER repeat those mistakes! Yeah please. I know I am bond to make mistakes that is just how life goes. But I am also the adult wondering how I ended up with the life I’m in.
Before giving you all this present life question of course there is always a back story that will help. Of course I will not give it all because then there would be no story and where is the fun in that?! Well I grew up in the suburbs outside of New York City, so I had the best of both worlds, a town with people in it, but could also retreat to where people would not been seen for miles. Or take a small drive and be surround by millions of people in the largest city in the country. Now my parents have been pretty well off as well, I can’t really complain. Also I have my health and have been very blessed so honestly complaining is just moments of being weak with nothing truly life threatening. Or of course, because I am a girl, BOYS! Hate to complain about them but still love to do it!
So I believe that gives enough of a setting of where I came from, or at least mildly, don’t want to ruin the whole story with giving too much of my life away. Now that you’ve heard all that let us go back to where we started.
“How did I get here?”
“Monica I feel like you ask that every morning now.”
“Well each days has a different reason. Yesterday was forgetting getting home because I remember falling a sleep at Kyle’s, so that was justified to wonder how I slept the whole way of getting from his place to mine, it’s like a fifteen minute drive.”
“Okay, but you could maybe ask one of your family members that you live with, rather than waiting to ask when you come to campus.”
“Fine.”
“Don’t pout, it’s not pretty and just annoying to look at.”
“Oh what would I do without you putting me in my place?”
“I have no idea, probably wonder around this world aimlessly.”
“This very well might be true. Now snap out of it, I need to study for this test because even though I may question why I’m here, as you do, doesn’t mean I can tell my professor ‘I didn’t know where my life was going so I pondered that rather than studying for you test’.”
“Are you saying I should use that?”
“Seriously Monica?”
“Oh your kidding, whopps. But Chels it could so work.”
“I’m going to go grab coffee and hope that by the time I get back, your either doing some sort of work or get over this.”
Over this, oh I’ve become that friend. One you love being around when they have the good days because they’re interesting and fun. But when she hits that low point she goes hard. When did I become this girl? Oh I remember, two years ago, thanks to some awesome guy asking for marriage and my world where everything could be turned upside down, it was. But I didn’t say yes. I didn’t say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment