Monday, November 8, 2010

It has been two years since Joy gave birth to her daughter. The family who adopted her has moved and is no longer in contact with Joy. the scares stil show on her body of giving birth, but only slightly. Stepping out of the subway on 33rd Street to walk the three blocks north to her office, Joy knows no one around her knows the pain she carries with her everyday. Nobody can step out without showing a past in this city. Last year I broke down in y office and my boss’s receptionist walked in. Work gave me a personal day to “get my hormones in check”. God if only they knew what that day was. I held that job for three years then left for six months of leave for a ‘missions trip’ with no photos or stories and nobody questioned it. What a world I live in.
“Joy call for you, it’s the editors wanting the rest of the story.”
“Franky when are they not wanting more? Never satisfied. Tell them I sen it last night.”
“OKay.” Franky what an assitant. He thinks I don’t know about all the unpaid hours he works. Kid keeps my life in order. Even when I was gone he sent me emails of what was going on. He’s going to take over this company someday and no one will be able to stop him.

No comments:

Post a Comment