Thursday, November 11, 2010

“Tony as I told you yesterday and all of last week there is going to be nothing to add to the story. I was sent to me anonymously. I can’t find out who sent it. All I know is they added an account number, that wont give out information. It will only accept money sent to it for being published. And there was money attached to it for 500 copies to be printed. That’s the only number they wanted printed.”
“Joy. I hear you, but frankly I don’t give a damn. This novel is finaminal. I want to publish more.”
“My hands are tied. Now my two o’clock is waiting. I still need to meet with those willing to show their identity.”
“Fine. But work on this story Joy. We need to get more copied out of them.”
“Alright. Bye Tony.” Joy hang up before Tony could get any last words in. If only he knew the tragic “fiction” novel he’s loving was my life story I wrote to help with the depression I was in during my pregnancy. Great my two o’clock is a happy young college grad with probably a perfect family. Oh and look at that, an engagement ring. I was engaged. He knocked me up and fled the country. Literally.
“Joy this is your two o’clock.”
“Great follow me. I feel like going for a walk. I’m not one fore formal interviews so don’t bothering introducing yourself. You know who I am so I wont bother introducing myself. Frank need to know your name, you need to worship Frank. You trouble him too much, then your done. Okay leave your story with him and it was great meeting you.” Joy gets on the elevator leaving this girl very confused. Joy waves and enjoyed her slight power to she just got. Now walking out on to the marble lobby where her heels echo but more of a song than the awkward smacking. Today it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment