Sunday, November 27, 2011


“So Liv how does it feel?”
“What feel?”
“Playing two guys?”
“What?”
“You totally know you have Kyle hope for you too.”
“No I didn’t”
“Are you naive?”
“What?”
“Goodness you are!”
“Seriously? No I am not, he’s a friend!”
“Do you see the way he looks at you? He’s quiet and wont say it to you but you deep down inside that he has strong feelings for you. And knowing that you don’t want to loss that! You will simply ignore all the warning that your heart and mind are telling you to stop and keep this going. You going to end up hurting him and yourself.”
“No I’m not!”
“Yes you are. Olivia look at me and tell me that you don’t think he has any feelings for you.”
“I can’t-
“So you believe that he does and-”
“No! I don’t know if he does or doesn’t. He has never told me. You can show me all you want but that doesn’t do it for me. I can question and pick up and analyze hints all they want. But I can’t tell. I cannot go on showing. I need to be told.”
“He’s never told you how he’s felt.”
“No. And the way he goes about stuff is either we’re making plans as friends or just end up doing stuff.”
“Oh Liv, you need to talk to him.”
“And say what? Hey I think you may like me but I know for the life of me we could not work in any way no matter how hard you tried and no matter how hard you cared?”
“Well may not like-”
“I can’t say it any other way. Even with me trying to dance around the subject it will simply come back to that. I care for him deeply and know that he’ll always be there as a friend to me and I can talk to him. I do care and I thought I had those kind of feelings for him. But going for so long with no reciprocation or action, what.. I.. I don’t know what to say or what to do. All I know is Kyle had his door held open for extended time, it close and then he was even given a window. But winter came and it needed to be closed so I could be kept warm.
“Do you hear me? I waited for so long for him to do something and it was me doing what he should have. That was not at all how I was raised. My father taught me better. He raised me better. But me being the way I am and seeing so much potential in all of this... All that I mean... I put that all a side and only saw the future. Seeing where we could have gone. But I have a mind of my own as does he. You see. In theory there is so much there. But theories need to be played out by action.”
“You need to tell him. I had no idea you felt this way.”
“To be honest I didn’t know either. I guess it all just seemed to make sense now.” I’m sure she continued to speak but I stared as though as I was listening but I was lost in a world of my own. Knowing that I was slightly saddened but knowing that it’s over. Well how can something truly end before it even began. I think that was the worst part. It was not given the chance it could have had. Or did it even have a chance? Was it all just me thinking this?

No comments:

Post a Comment