Thursday, November 3, 2011


“Look who finally decided to come home.” It’s the next morning, I crashed at a friends who lives in the building. I knew staying here I would just hear more of the horrible ideas that she thinks is acceptable to treat men. Yes I know men have this long streak of treating women horrible. I cannot deny that I have been very hurt by them. But it takes two to tango. That expression doesn’t come from thin air.
“Yeah. I stayed with Arielle.”:
“Oh well that was nice of her to let you stay there. What did she think of you just instantly going out with a guy who left you a note?”
“She didn’t think anything because I keep my life private and have it be personal. But I am sure she would not have given me any where near the reaction you gave me. That was honestly horrible how you said you are suppose to treat guys! Would you want to be treated that way?
“No.”
“So that whole do unto others as you would like done unto you was just missed on you?”
“What?”
“Okay I know your parents at least had you go to sunday school.”
“Olivia, my parents are Jewish.”
“Oh. Then why do you go to mass?”
“Cause I guy I really cared about I converted for him.”
“You did that for a guy?”
“Yeah. Thought he was the one. But no. He made me fall hard to a point of talking about marriage and religion racing kids. You know the works. But he was like the rest of them. Just wanted to have fun for the moment and didn’t want one girl. He wanted a girl for each day of the week.”
“You never told me that.”
“Well yeah. Why would I?”
I am such a horrible person! I went instant attack and didn’t show compassion or simply or being apathetic that she could have been hurt in the past and this is why she does what she does. I give excuses for strangers down the street but the girl who I have known throughout college and roommate with for about four years I don’t give the same credit to. “I feel like a horrible person. Cassandra, like I don’t even have words.”
“Yeah it’s whatever, now was this guy really worth it?”
“I believe so.”
“Good. Now hopefully he’s legit, or I’ll kill him.” All we can do is hug and just laugh about all the ridiculousness I don’t know what I would do without this girl. “Now you grab a movie and I’ll get some chocolate.”
“Sounds awesome, oldies or just a horrible movie that girls these days think are good chick movies?”
“Oh new, so horrible I need a laugh.”
“Got it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment