Saturday, July 20, 2013

    “Skipping all the small talk and psyche break down, this is what I know about this girl. First, she’s crazy! Crazy like I thought I was about to die every second I was with her. Somehow I can’t imagine my life without her. Second, she has very little regard for others. When we came to an intersection, we had a red light and Rachel didn’t feel like stopping. So she just went through it! She caused an accident. Not with us thank God, but a car slammed on its’ brakes and the car behind it smashed into it. You want to know what she says?” Matt is so inthralled in his story he doesn’t care what the response is. ‘A guy I once knew had that car. I’m sure he deserved it.’” So dismayed by what he’s sharing Matt throws his head in the air in amazement.
    “Matt this girl seems like a head case.” His friend sounds concerned and confused.
    “Yeah, but she has a caring heart. Rachel saw a homeless man and went up to him and gave him the food we had in the carriage.” Matt’s sitting up and seems just in awe of Rachel.
    “Alright, well that seems good. So did you make it home or are you at her place?” Is friends voice seems awake now and shows interest in what Matt’s ending to the night was.
    “Well, umm, that’s why I called you.” Matt begins to look around unsure of how to say this to his friend. “ I don’t know if this makes me totally insane or not, but I am in the middle of Central Park in my tux and I have no idea how I got here.”
    “What?!” His friends exclamation makes Matt push the phone from his ear and wince.
    “Man speak softer, can you just get me?”Matt’s rubbing his head from a mix of a hangover and embarrassment.
    “Dude we live in the city, your in central park, just walk.”
    “Well that’s the thing.” Matt looks around more analyzing his setting.
    “What do you mean?” His friends confused and has a bit of judgement in his tone.
    Matt looks over himself again and delays responding to his friend.
    “You just said you’re in your tux in Central Park.” His friends voice does not seem amused by Matt’s story anymore.
    “Yeah about that. I have my tux jack and bow tie on. I have on briefs. I’m not going to be allowed in a cab or subway.”
    His friend explodes in laughter. “This had to be some girl.”
    “Oh she was. Also, I think I am going to see her soon.” Matt sounds excited again.
    “What makes you think that?” His friend is still laughing at him.
    “Well, unless a stranger wrote on my chest to meet them for coffee at 3 with an address, I think I’m seeing her.” Matt just keep smiling.
    “Way to be man. Do you realize what time it is?”
    “No idea. You’re calling me. Woke me up.” Matt now is curious about what time it could be and why he did not think of this earlier.
    “It’s about 2, so how far is the meeting place from you.”
    Matt looks down trying to read it. “Well, it says where I left you. So I believe this is the place.”
    “Nice. Hopefully she brings your clothes.” His friends laughs at himself.
    “Man I don’t even care.” Matt throws his arms up to show just how little he cares.
    His friend keeps laughing. “Alright man. See you later.”
    “Sounds good.” Matt hangs up and lays back in the grass letting the hangover take over. He can’t help but smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment