Friday, July 29, 2011


Great so I got to this bathroom, next move. This is some serious stuff. Wake up hating my life and wanting something new and I sure did. Dead guy who is suppose to be me. But could this all be a set up? My friends have been telling me for years something needs to give me a slap in the face for me to get my emotional life together. So maybe when we meet I was talking about the people of the office and saying how they love this life and it is not my thing. But I need work and a life. Well work to pay for life I should say but come on, I just saw a fake me dead. Then guys with suits take me away.
Should I be speaking properly? If you expect that then you are looking into the wrong man head. No windows, so trapped. Trapped in my head, trapped in this weird world of today, and trapped with guys in suit. Great.
“Brooks times up.” The office comes in to my cradled in a ball on the floor. Sure I look like a guy who just broke down, but how should I look? “Or I could give you a minute.”
“Nah man.” I jump up and wander out with my hands in my pocket and walking like a hippy/hipster who just had a good smoke. Maybe that is what I missed out on. Only throwing back a few drinks and not doing weed. Seriously Charlie, this is what you decide to debate now. Well it’s started. “Man you ever smoke?”
“Smoke? No I don’t do cigarettes.”
“Not what I’m asking. Weed.”
“Brooks, I work for the government. Not going to share.”
“Right big brother and whatever. Obama smokes so I think your safe.” I turn into the office and the Lieutenant it waiting for me. “Hey man do you smoke?”
“In college, now Brooks have you ever left the country?”
“Yeah typical Mexico, Caribbean and cruise things. So in college you did weed? I feel like I’ve missed out from never doing it, do you think so?”
“Only if you feel like you’ve wasted your life with doing nothing. Doing nothing with your life and it’s not because of drugs is a waste. But Brooks did you have a twin?”
“Nah, only child. I think maybe my parents had a weird love child and never told me. That would probably explain a lot.”
“So as far as you know, there is only one of you.”
“Yeah.”
“I don’t think the world needs another one of you.” In that moment I hear and explosion and the officer suddenly jumps and grabs me shooting the Lieutenant and jumping through the glass. No one is in there but one man. He’s wearing a black suit and calm as ever. Something tells me to trust him.
Mind you trusting a man in all black, by himself behind a mirror where a man has just been shoot, yeah should totally trust him. I am freaking out. “Guess what the effity eff! Do you know what you just did. He, government, of shiiiii-”
“Shut up! We’re only wasting time. Sure he’s not better off dead?”
“He’s who we need.”
“Need for what.” We start running for the window. “Window! Window, nothing below it, We are so not on the first floooo-” The glass shatters around them, the are sailing through the air on about the thirtieth floor. “Hale Mary’s that is what I should probably be doing. Right, Officer that’s what you’d do. Wait your corrupt. I’m flying, no dying in the air ohhh-” Smacking into a foam thing was not my plan to the be through to and air craft. I should totally be that dead guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment