Saturday, September 24, 2011


After about two bottle of win roommate finally calmed down. Thankfully she didn’t go out. I hope she stays in for the day. Maybe it is an upside to not being employed. Where is this train? The platform to this place seems to get grosser everyday but there is just something about the metro that makes me appreciate it. Normally I am not as antisocial as I am now, not like I go up and talk to strangers but I don’t wear head phones and sunglasses while going place to place. But after barely sleeping and waking up it was needed, plus Adele just seemed to be speaking my language today.
Now don’t instantly think girl problems and need to hear broken women songs. That is not the case. Just a soulful voice with a message and good beat. I just-whose touching me? 
“Olivia?” I pull out my head phones, take off the glasses and see the new guy.
“Hey, how are you?” He goes in for a hug and without realize I hold me breathe. My heart begins to race and head slightly spin.
“Been good, started packing but then something told me to not go, so I called off leaving and been here.”
“Oh wow! That’s crazy.”
“Yeah, bosses weren’t really happy, or the buddy I was suppose to be living with, but then it just pushed him to take this girl he’s been seen for years with him. So guys everyones made happy.”
“Seems to be that way.”
“Yeah, what about you?”
“Been the usual work grind, figuring out life, you know the works of being twenty four.”
“Ahh yes what it is to be young!”
“Ha, yes young. If only my mind was not that of a fifty year old person. I go to bed at eleven the latest and my roommate thinks I’m insane.”
“Wow eleven, what a crazy thought!”
“I know, getting a little crazy.”
“My roommates are the same. Well he was, keep forgetting he’s now in Canada. But I would want to stay in if I’ve had a long day and just relax with a book or do some drawing and he would think I was the strangest person.”
“Reading?! Who does that anymore?”
“Weird people I guess.”
“Funny story with that. Roommate comes out of her room all ready for this new trendy club while I’m sitting drinking tea and reading. Should could not hide no matter how hard she tried to hold back her judge face.”
“Well then the life of the educated instead of the young.”
“I guess.” Now the train comes. “This you?”
“No I’m the next one.”
“Alright well it was good to run into you again.”
“Yeah same.” Now I go to put my head phones back in and make my way to the train. “Wait.”
“Yeah?”
“Don’t forget your shades.”
“Oh thanks.” How did he get my shades? Guess I’ll awkwardly smile and continue on my way.
When I finally get to my seat I look out and he looks so confused. “What just happened?”

No comments:

Post a Comment