Thursday, September 22, 2011


“Just jump!”
“Oh funny Kyle, why don’t go go first.” Standing at the edge of this cliff I have been countless times before doesn’t make this any easier. So dark with an almost endless bottom, however there lay rocks below the surface, but safe enough for us to jump. Welp, God is this is how we should meet at least make it epic. All that’s left is to push off this rock. I make the jump and there is the second of fear, joy, bliss, and then you hit the water.
“That was unreal!” I look up and see this huge smile on Kyle’s face.
“I knew you’d love this.” Kyle the pushes off the rocks jumping just to the left of me. I was still afraid he’d land on me but there was a solid distance. His head pops up covered with water running off of it, his hair all flat and all disheveled. He laughs at me and then shakes his hair. Making me turn away from him. I begin to swim to the shore. Not sure of where to go exactly, but I know I want to avoid us being in the water together. Being on land is easier being one on one rather than in the water. I don’t know what could come of this. Did I want anything to happen?
“So you love it?”
“Yeah thank you so much for bringing me here. The beauty here is incomparable.”
“Yeah its not bad.”
“Not bad? Oh man the trees with the view from the rocks. It’s so peaceful. There are very few places in where you could look at and just be in awe of the beauty that surrounds you and just the magic of it all. Only the creator could make this magic. No artist could replicate this nor photograph capture the essence of this.”
“Wow someone’s turning deep on me.”
“Sorry, just don’t understand when things go unappreciated. For example as you the simplicity of this view. You think it’s nice yes?”
“Yeah, so.”
“That’s it. It’s not a negative thing. I’m sure you would see something that I see as nice as something with so much detail that words are solely not enough for.”
“Right. I can see where your coming from.” Sadly I don’t believe him. Maybe he does know what I mean. I shouldn’t be thinking so much about comparing the guys. But it’s so easy. Fantasy verses what’s right in front of you the fantasy tends to win. Kyle is starring of into the distance and something about his face look out into the distance shows me he understands. He does not voice his thoughts and it’s easy to see him doing this is a lot for him. Should it be this much work for him to show who he is?
“Let’s jump again!” We have been sitting at the bottom where you need to climb up.
“Oh now you want to jump again? I jumped like six times before you even went once.”
“So? First you just wanted to jump to show me, then I could tell you couldn’t keep standing still so needed to jump. I like taking my time with things.”
“Right, come on just keep going.” When I get to the top I see across people have started coming but something tells me that we should start making our way down.
“Kyle would you be good if this is our last jump?”
“Sure, thought you’d want to be here for a longer but we could head back.”
“No I want to, just getting a guy feeling we should start heading back.”
“Alright sure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment