Tuesday, June 21, 2011


Monica is walking into the office with more questions going through her head then she thought possible. She goes to the desk to get checked in expecting Tony to be able to bounce these ideas off of but it’s a new person. “Good Morning.”
“Oh hi. Morning I mean, sorry where is Tony?”
“He no longer works here.”
“What do you mean?” The new attendant behind the counter is unsure of what to say.
“He was asked to leave. Something about talking about God in the office.”
“Are you kidding me?!”
“No, I’m sorry miss.”
“Is there anyway I could contact him?”
“I have is number I can give you. It’s such a shame he was the most helpful here. He knew I have been struggling to pay for school and I know he has a big family to pay for but he would offer me hours.” Monica is in awe of thinking she thought this man was simply mean and would pass her by. While she has been the ignorant on and probably is the cause to him losing his job. Monica’s day is a blur. She has no clue what to work on, who to contact, and almost never answered her phone. Mike stopped by to apologize for the previous night and she almost broke down.
“Need to go for a walk?”
“I should do work but I know I wont do any.”
“Come on. I know I don’t seem like a good person to talk to but I am sure I can help.”
“Okay. You’ve gotten a man fired about telling you about God?”
“Just come one. Isn’t there chairs or a park near by?”
“Yeah just out the back entrance.”
“Okay that is where we will wait to talk.” They stay silent through the office, reach the elevators and still silent. Once they reach the air Monica feels more relaxed. “I have not gotten anyone fired from sharing God, however that is why I left my previous job. I have been a Christian my whole life. I never knew what it truly meant till my twenties when I truly needed God in my life.”
“Your a Christian?”
“Yep. Born and raised”
“Then your really blessed to have parents that raised you that way.”
“What about yours?”
“I believe my parents where christians, but they passes away before I could question religion or really come to an age where I knew what God would mean to me and my life.” Monica and Mike continue to sit and take in their surroundings not saying a thing. They get lost in a conversation and Monica asking questions about God and what he means to Mike. Going around debating, not sure what it all means, to before they know it, the sun is setting. Still more that Monica wants to know so they go to dinner together.

No comments:

Post a Comment