Wednesday, June 15, 2011


Monica went to work spoke to Tony as she entered. Shared with him what she had read and what chapters had changed her view. Still unsure of what all these things mean to her, Tony simple shares for her to not rush it and to continue reading. He is no expert so tell her to seek a place out that she feels called to. Monica agrees to this and heads to her office. Before looking for a place that calls to her, which she is unsure of what that could possible mean, she does the research she promised to do for Mike.
“What is with this thing?” Monica is clicking all over her computer for the website she uses for simpler researching of fundraisers and it does nothing.
“Bad time?” Monica turns to see Mike standing at her office door.
“Oh no, sorry just trying to actually look up the information I said I would do for you.”
“Ahh, well thank you so much. I did some of my own.”
“Awesome. I honestly meant to do this for you yesterday but life gave me a slap in the face so I had to put it off.”
“Alright. In a good way.”
“You know I think so.”
“Well that’s always good.” Mike unsure of what to continue on saying goes and hands the folder he’s brought with all the research he has done.
“Oh right, getting straight to business. Listen not sure what your expecting to do or anything-”
“I have everything laid out there with my ideas. Read it over and give me a call.” Mike just turns and head to the elevator. Monica is unsure how to think of this. Should she follow him or, she’s up and heading to him.
She catches him at the elevator, “that’s it?”
“Excuse me?”
“Your just going to walk all the way to my office, hand me this, and then be done?”
“Monica I know your business didn’t mean it in a rude way. Honestly.” Mike looks serious at Monica and questions lingering on his face of wondering why she’s so hurt by what just happened.
“I’m sorry. I guess I am just, I, there is just a lot of my mind. I will read this over and give it back to you.”
“Thanks.” The elevator opens and Mike steps on in. Gives an awkward wave and the door shuts.
“And that lady and gentlemen is how you make a complete and total ass of yourself.” Monica phone goes off with a text from Andrew, done for party tonight at Shay’s? Shay is friends with Mike, Monica just made an ass out of herself to him. Probably not. I’ll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment