Saturday, June 18, 2011


“Nice house.”
“Why thank you.” Shay releases his arm from around Monica waist and turns to look at her. “What brings you to the woods.”
“Andrew actually asked me to come here, but I have yet to see him.”
“He’s actually inside. Want to come in.”
“I do but it’s so beautiful here. Sorry we don’t views like this from my apartment.” Monica just continues to gaze up at the stars as if nothing else exist.
“That’s why people come to the woods, it’s something I like to call camping.”
Monica can’t fight back a smile. “Ha, ha. Very funny.” The two simple continue to stand outside neither wanting to turn or move just being comfortable with the silence. Shay turns to Monica about to say something while someone beats him to the punch.
“So you do make it out here.” Mike is coming down the stairs holding a Mike’s which isn’t exactly mainly but Monica can’t help the girlyness of the drink.
“I can get away from my comfort zone.”
“What brings you here?”
“Andrew asked me to come.”
“Right. Did you get to read over my folder?”
“No.” Which is a lie Monica read over every detail Mike left and started making an outline of what to send back to him and where he should look.
“Oh I guess your really busy then.”
“No. Just not sure what kind of read I get from you and it makes me question working with you. Sure it’ll have your name to it, but my name will also be out there.”
“Ahh yes your precious name.”
“Sorry to interrupt but do you guys need a moment?” Shay is starting to back away unsure of where this conversation is coming from or what is with all the tension that came into the air.
“No, Shay you can stay out here with Mike I was just heading in.” Monica goes p the steps and makes it to the door frame when Mike is suddenly next to her. “Can I help you.”
“Yeah, I think I want to take you out for a date.”
“I’m not the kind of girl you think of doing something with. You either have the balls to ask or you don’t.” Monica just steps into the party leaving Mike at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment