Friday, June 24, 2011


Monica wakes up the next morning feeling so confused. Look at her clock and sees it’s noon. “When did it become noon and how did I get home?”
“It was a struggle but I somehow managed.” Mike is walking into the room just wearing his boxes.” Monica cannot hide the shock on her face. “Don’t worry we didn’t do anything I slept on the couch, and I can’t exactly be wearing my clothes because someone decided it would be a wonderful idea to fall spilling their drink all over me. so wearing a crusty alcohol soaked suit was not happening.”
“I am so embarrassed. I am so sorry!”
Mike put his hand up to stop her. “Don’t worry. You had a lot of questions and kept shocking you that you went with the easy escape.”
“At least I only get drunk once a year or this would be really embarrassing.”
“What was really embarrassing was your friend Andrew coming over and finding me in my boxers in your kitchen.”
“Haha! Oh I will have to call Andrew and explain.”
“He has a key to your place?”
“Yep. He comes here about three times a week in the morning with coffee and we head to work together.”
“That’s cool.”
“Yeah, he’s such an amazing friend, been there for me since I came here.”
“You didn’t grow up in San Fran?”
“Nope came here solo after my parents passed away.”
“Wow.”
“That’s what happens when you nineteen and your parents pass away. But it’s life.”
“Listen I get the no parents thing, they may have been there but they weren’t. Physically there but everything else, no. My dad has no clue about me even leaving New York. I’m not sure he even cares I’m in California. My mom isn’t much better. But it is what it is.”
“I’m sorry. I know doesn’t mean anything but mine were taken and didn’t have a choice while yours do. I know not helping but I couldn’t image in that.” Monica seemed to get lost in a world simply playing with the sheets. Mike take this cue and makes his way next to her just holding her. They stayed like that for the rest of the afternoon. Each getting lost in their own world but not wanting to loss the other person.
The world seemed to pass them by for the day letting them get take out and eating on the floor in her living room to watch a movie, vegged out, and got lost in conversation. Places they wish to travel to, places they’ve been, and making a destination place that they promise they will only go together to. Life they have lived. The life they saw themselves living, or at least that they were meant to have. Things they would have done differently and things they want to do differently now. Mike wants to make a difference for the local teens to have out reaches to feel safe at. While Monica wants to see what the city has to offer. She has lived in San Fransico for about four years and has yet to see all of it if it is not friend or work related she has not ventured over there.
Before either of them realize it they are face to face leaning on the couch with knees almost touching as they lay with blankets around them. Looking at each other unsure of what is come next. They realize it is now dark but neither of them seem to care. The moment has taken them over and all they can do is look into each others eyes wishing this will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment