Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rare

I felt as if it was appropriate to change the leaves from being green to colored lives considering this time of year. What I want to share is this time of year. It is so special. The season changes, we get to bundle up in a sweater, or for those lucky enough we get to see the leaves changing. This year I feel as if things are a little different. The snow stayed longer and definitely came stronger. Summer we had a lot of hot days and even last week was quiet warm but now fall feels as if it is truly upon us. Now I am trading in the iced drinks for the hot ones. Oh the little things that happen each season.
I am sure we all have our little things. When it gets cooler out though we start to grow closer with those around us. If you are lucky enough to enjoy your family you would stay in more and have a night with them, or if you are out on you own you will have a girls or guys night in. Forget the bars having to wait in the cold. This time is before the stress of the holidays so we enjoy and embrace the company. Or if you have had a stressful week then cozy up to a good book. There is probably been a book you have wanted to read to pick it up! Read it.
I did not want to tell you to read but this time is rare work is calming down because the change of season the pace is slowing down. Or is it? My sister shared this article with me from the Wall Street Journal, Slumping at Work? What Would Jack Do? (When I first saw the title I thought it was meant as a Jack Bauer reference.) It is an article about how we need to relax and not get caught up in the work and work ourselves to death. I know I have gotten caught up with putting in 18 days. Now who does that help. Getting sleep deprived? Getting touchy/mean from being over work? I know it is not helping you.
I am not too sure where my thoughts were when I started writing this or how I circled it all around. Or if I even made sentences. However I am going to publish this to share with you because I feel like we all need to enjoy the days we are given and relax. Everything last only for a season.

- Seeking Originality

No comments:

Post a Comment