Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I’m sure you enjoyed my awkwardest state. But now with this story. I never wanted to date someone who isn’t my friend first. Honestly, world wind romances don’t last, and are so last season. It is not simply a friends with benefits thing either that is just so not classy. I want to marry my best friend and have them be with me everyday. I understand the concept that guys and girls cannot be just friends. They can if you realize they cannot be your best friend. Now let me start off the with the story of wilderness guy, is all started on a stormy night of me needing a rescue, this guy can out of no where and saved my life! No serious I’ll stop playing no night in shining armor simply your average joe, meet at an even thrown by my siblings friends where I knew no one. I clung to my siblings but saw this guy who seemed pretty quit and like he was in the same boat. So I made my way over and say hi.
“Hi, I’m Mike.”
“Mike? Nice to meet you I’m Monica.” We shake hand as a sign of meeting and acknowledgment. 
“What brings you out to the woods?”
“Well my siblings know the people here so I tagged a long. You say that like it’s a bad thing or something.”
“Oh no I didn’t mean it that way at all!”
“Okay good. But this is a pretty sweet set up they have here. I’m sure you could go riding anywhere.”
“You ride?”
“I know the dress and sandals don’t really play a part of a riding girl but I do.”
“Oh just don’t meet many girls that do ride.”
“Yeah people generally don’t get it, I was the only girl that rode at my school growing up. But we also lived in the suburbs so not a lot of places to go.”
“Oh yeah I don’t live around here but this is my friends place so we come here on the weekends.”
“This would be awesome to go riding. Do you ride quads or dirt bikes.”
“Well I borrow a friends bike.”
“Better than what I got, parents got ride of my stuff a few years back so now I just appreciate those who can still ride.”
“Nice.”
“Hey Mike.” I turn and see this guy I swear is Mike’s age, maybe a little taller, and slightly hickish. 
“Hey man.” I am not sure about what to do they are both slightly starring at me. But this does not phase me. I come from a large family and slightly out spoken.
“Hi I’m Monica.” I put my hand out for an introduction. He shakes it.
“Hi. So Mike are you coming here tomorrow? Frank got a new mountain bike and wants to break it in.”
“Yeah I’m down with that.” They both just nod. I give I little glance over the crowd. No one really seems interesting.
“So I’m guessing one without a name you ride too.”
“Yeah.”
“Right and your not one for the art of conversation.” I now I must come off as a major bitch right now but seriously who just shakes a girls hand, talks to the person they’re with about plans and doesn’t offer up a name? Like come on. Okay I will try not to interrupt the story again.
“Umm. I just wanted to check with him for plans tomorrow. Sorry I’m Shay.”
“Nice to meet you say.” I then smile and just walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment