Friday, April 8, 2011

Dunkin’ Donuts
“Do you want to sit on display or where you can’t be seen.”
“What? I normally sit on the sit because then there is the ledge where I can put my stuff.” Now I am just uncomfortable. Should we have sat there? Boy take the reigns I can’t do all the work!
“Yes so Neil has been talking to me a lot about things. Like the night when we were watching the movie he was giving me the meanest eye and I had no idea why. Apparently he had been texting me things. But I did not have my phone on me so I had no idea.”
“Oh everyone was being so weird that night.” Does he know not to be sharing this?
“Well you had to be texting them too.”
“No I wasn’t.” Too early to be exposing these things. I will let him take lead of this conversation to see if he will veer of this conversation of things that he needs to work on to be in a relationship.
“I don’t really now what I am doing because the only girl I have ever dated was my sophomore year of college. We dated for a month, then winter break came. And here is where me being bad at communicating comes into play because I did not talk to her all break and it just ended.” Yep another date is not happening.
Garage
“Josh did we get everything you needed.”
“Yeah I think we’re fine. I’m going to grab my ipod and put it in. You want anything?”
“I’m good.” Josh goes to his car while I am left looking around his room at was it was to what we made it. How did I help in all this, and we’re not dating or will be dating, because we are friends. Plus so cannot date another friend because already dated one from our group of friends so that cancels out everyone our for the bro code, respect level, and everything else that should come into play. But thought has crossed my mind let me tell you. I shouldn’t be thinking this. Tomorrow is my date with the nice guy. We had our first one and not sure how I felt about it, so we’ll see. I have to remember to call him when I get home to see what exactly is going on.
“Okay music check. I didn’t call anyone else or anything so it’ll just be you and me if that’s okay.”
“Yeah that’s fine. This is looking pretty damn good.”
“What is?”
“Well you room which we have been working so hard on. What else would I be talking about.”
Josh turn to face me and gives himself a look over. “Well you know I changed so thought you could have been talking about me.” Josh gives me a little smirk then stands by my and graces the back of his hand slowly over my cheek. My whole body gets chills.
“Josh you can’t do that.”
“Do what?” He says it in such a soft innocent voice, taking me to a place far from here.
“You know what.” I look him in the eyes and turn to start moving things around.
“I still don’t know what you mean. But I’ll go with it. You know if he didn’t take you out on that date then we would be fine. Or if you don’t go out with him tomorrow then you still have me.”
“Well thank you Josh. But I don’t even know what tomorrow is suppose to be like.”

No comments:

Post a Comment