Saturday, April 30, 2011

Desiree walks up the steps to her house and hears people talking inside. She knows the voices but is so used to hearing them yelling at each other she doesn’t recognize then when they’re just talking with one another. She sees her mother and father hugging. Most people would be happy to see them hugging but she remember what her father has done to her mother. “What an idiot.” She runs down her steps to Zola’s house.
Halfway there she sees someone climbing up the side of her house. “What in the hell?” Instead of saying something she just watches them climb up into her mothers room.
“Girl what are you doing?”
Desiree looks up to see Zola looking at her from her porch. “I just saw someone. I’m not really sure what I am exactly doing. Zola I need your help.”
“Well girl don’t just stand there come on over here and talk. I just made myself some tea, like some?”
“Yes please.” Desiree makes her way to Zola’s house but she can’t help thinking she reconized the guy climbing through her mothers window and what on earth her mother and father are doing together.
Now both in the kitchen sitting at the table Zola looks at Desiree seeing the young lady that she has grown into. “Now what do you need to talk to Zola about?”
“Is it weird for a child to not want her parents back together?”
“Yes I would say it is weird. However this child saw what her parents went through and does not want to see that happening again.”
“I’m being serious. I just saw my parents actually talking together and hugging and it made my stomach hurt. That can’t be normal.”
“Desiree listen.” Zola puts her hands on top of Desiree and looks her in the eyes. “You ma’am and papa have a lot of baggage. Dear Lord do they have a lot. I have known Andre since he was young. I have seen him chase after other women but he’s always loved your mama.”
“Then why chase the other women.”
“Because he thought he wasn’t worth having you mama.” Zola looks at Desiree seeing the pain in her eyes.
BOY YOU BEST BE GOING! Both Desiree and Zola jump hearing a man screaming.
“Now what on earth could that be.” They make their way to Zola’s porch. Desiree sees who she saw climbing into her mothers window now half naked on her front lawn.
“Who do you think you are?! You left her!”
“Boy watch yourself and just get goin’!”
“I love her! Taisha I know you love me too. Your just-”
“I don’t think you want to finish that sentence.” Zola says it calmly but with a lot behind her words. She just stares at him and he gathers up his closes and starts heading down the street. “You know I wont stop fighting for you.” He makes his way down the street and all eyes are now on Taisha who just turn calmly and walks back to the kitchen. Zola goes back inside her house. All that is left outside is Desiree and Andre staring at each other. Andre doesn’t know what to say so just turns and goes to the kitchen.
“I know I’ve seen him from somewhere. But where?” Desiree runs down Zola’s porch to catch up with him. She’s so close when he turns sensing someone is following him.
“What you want?”
“I know you.”
“And?”
“How do I know you? Why do I know you. I know we don’t go to school, but I feel like I know you.” He scuffs and bends to pick up his shirt and then it hits her. Tattoo on his back. Desiree lost her virginity to him at a party. If that’s what it should be called. More like she wanted to see what leading a guy on would be like then got too caught up and could turn back. All she wants to do is hit him but she’s frozen.
“I ain’t gunna answer that. Maybe you seen me going out your mama’s room. We been seeing each other. But guess that’s over. Daddy now decided to come home.” Not sure if it’s the way he said, the facial expression he said, or just everything building up so much in her but she snaps and karate kicks him, then drop kicks him and just starts pounding on this guy.
“Don’t fuck with my family.” Desiree then fix her hair, shirt, turns and just smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment