Friday, April 22, 2011

“Desiree where have you been?”
“What you mean? I got you juice. Where Zola at?”
“Oh, Zola went home. Why did it take you so long to get juice?”
“Because I had no money on me so had to get my stuff from Dad’s and then get it.” Desiree goes to the kitchen caring her stuff. Throw it all down. “Here’s your juice.” She takes out a small one serving juice.
“Thanks.”
“Don’t mention it. Now why was papa here earlier?”
“What? When was he here?”
“Oh you were probably still out. I don’t know saw him when I was going for my stuff.”
“You would know better then I would.” Desiree just turn and grabs her bag to head up.
“You know, pa’s not that bad.”
“When did I ever say he was?”
“You don’t have to say it ma’ it’s they way you look at him.”
“Sweetie I may look at him a certain way because I know the man he was. Some days he is still that man. But most of the time he’s this man wanting all the money to make up for the things he’s lost. Did you know your father and I planned this bib move out west to California?”
“No.”
“Well when he found out I was pregnant your father wanted you to have more than we did growing up. He worked harder to try and get promoted in work, had me searching good school systems, we even visited a few houses. We fell in love with this condo. But your fathers company went other without any warning and he didn’t have a job. We was trying to look but hard when having such a specific skill set. So out went dream of moving. Then our cars, and I started working.”
“Ma’ why you telling me this.”
“Because you need to know your father. He wanted everything for you and I. But when a man cannot work for his family and a woman has to. It belittles them. Your father could not handle that I was also making more then what he was. So it drove us apart. I stopped working. Then we had no money and it broke your father and I. Your father just needs to see what I see. That is why I look at him the way I do.” Taisha said her peace, grabbed her juice and went to the front porch and just rocked on the rocking chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment