Monday, April 11, 2011

Driveway
“I need an answer.”
“A answer about what?” Showing up to my house this late is craziness. What is he thinking?
“Are we just friends?”
“Josh?”
“Yeah.”
“Why are you asking if we’re just friends?”
“Because I like you. I think you have made it pretty clear that you like me too.” I look around to make sure the nice guys left. He has. Okay time to be honest. “Who are you looking for.”
“You know the guy I was just with?”
“Yeah.”
“Him because he just took me out on a date and I don’t want him to hear all this. You like me?”
“Yeah.”
“Never told me.”
“I thought I made it clear. What always so happy with you around. Asking you to do things wasn’t enough?”
“Considering you do that with a lot of girls. Girls that your not even interested in, I would say yes.”
“You still should have known.”
“False.”
“Fine I’m leaving.”
“You drove to my house for that and your just going to leave?”
“Yeah because I don’t want to seem like an idiot. You should have known how I felt about you. This is ridiculous how could you not have known?”
“Actions speak louder than words.” Turning for my house to walk in next thing I know he’s grabbing me and giving me the most intense kiss I have ever gotten. When I finally open my eyes he’s getting in his car and driving away.
“Maybe this is a bad time.” Who the eff is that? I don’t want to turn around. I am in way to much shock to register whose voice that even is. Crap I have to turn around. Slowly. Oh ever so slowly. Ryan?
“Hey. What are you doing here?”
“I came to talk to you because I know your seeing my best friend and wanted to talk to you.”
“Oh god. I didn’t know that was going to happen. He just dropped me off and when I was walking to my door Josh showed up.”
“I wont say anything. But you should. Listen I know he doesn’t seem like a really special guy or anything but he just has a lot of learning to still do to feel comfortable one on one with a girl.” I seriously cannot be talking to anyone about this right now. “I know you like him, but he will be the one getting hurt not you.” Really need to stop talking right now. “Are you serious about leaving?”
“Leaving?”
“When your done with school do you really want to leave?”
“Yeah.”
“Thanks.” That’s it. He just turns now and walks away. Thanks for all the mind fucks universe. It’s been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment