Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flashback
“Oh crap it’s sold out. Welp I thought this might happen.”
“It’s okay, we can still go grab coffee. Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks?”
“I am for either but more of a Dunkin’ Donuts person.”
“I am the same, if I want actual coffee I will go to Dunkin’ but if I was something girly I will totally go to Starbucks.” I see the nice guy continuing to talk about something but my thoughts are so lost in myself. I am being completely rude but I cannot help it. How did I get on a second date, this quickly. We made plans before he even asked me out so I should not be that surprised, however I should not be here. Everything about this situation my mind is screaming NO! But for some reason I cannot shake it off. It runs through my head of questioning why did I like this guy?
“Oh sorry I have you going the wrong way. Well at least you get to see more of my side.”
“Yeah I get to see more of this side of the highway.”
“True. I wont have you turn around because honestly it will probably take the same amount of time.”
“That’s fine. So anyway the thing at work-” and tuning out. I am truly being this heartless. What is going on with me right now? Is it simply nerves why he is acting this way? No this seriously cannot be just nerves. No one can be this off from how they are normally. Could they?
“Your going to keep left and go down that side street then make a left after the train tracks at the light.”
“Okay. So when I was out Neil was pointing out to me things that I should be doing and things to like work on. I understand that I have things that I need to work on and that is why I haven’t really dated much or anything.”
“Oh no it’s fine.” Is he seriously telling me this now? Okay we are no on this level yet, this is after you’ve been dating for a while and happily together. Not a second date expose all your flaws. I am suppose to discover that on my own and work around it.
“No I know I have stuff to work on, like communication.” Oh man. What have I done. Too soon. Now I know this is basically going to kill any future of dating that I could have thought would have happened. Maybe it wont be that bad. I need to try and stay focus stop zoning out! Okay he was talking about communication. You talk a lot. Yes Kelly, you talk a lot. Your good at communication.
“Oh this is our towns bar, basically one big high school reunion.”
“Note to never go there. That is were you basically see naked girls, asses, and boobs. I’m good.” I couldn’t resist but to laugh.
“Well true, but is that not a lot of bars?”
“I guess there are some classy ones, or other where you just go to grab a drink with friends. That would not be one of them I’m guessing.”
“Depends on the breaks from college.”
“Ahhh. I see.”
“Yep.” Man we are just going to grab coffee, isn’t that backwards dating? I should have not reminded him about this Monday night. Why did I call?! I am the girl it is not my job to be the reminder and ask about plans. It is is. Goodness what if I set up this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment