Saturday, April 16, 2011

The house is quiet. Taisha is up stairs in her bathroom, enjoying a relaxing bubble bath. Letting the events of the day wash away, while sipping on wine and having and audio book be played. Clearly reading would even be too much. The door slams downstair and footsteps are coming up. Taisha knows it’s Desiree. She does not want to speak with her right now, and will let her cool off before talking to her about earlier.
Taisha!” That is not my daughters voice. “Taisha where are you?
Taisha gets out of the tub and grabs her rob. “Give me a minute.” Taisha opens the door to find her daughters father there. “Andre what are you doing here?”
“Desiree came to my house crying about how you’ve thrown her ass out.”
“Oh hell no. I did not throw her ass out. I told her to get that boys ass out and for her to go to her room.”
“What guy? She was a lone her with a guy?” Andre steps forward staring straight into Taisha’s eyes.
Taking a her arms across her chest, hip cocked, and leaning forward to say these words slowy. “Not just a guy,” Taisha pauses to let it sink in, “a man. He was at least twenty-five.”
“What is my baby girl doing with a man?”
Taisha turns to go to the tub to let the water drain. “That’s something you’ll have to take up with your baby girl.” Taisha sits on the edge of the tub, making it seem as though she is all casual about this.
“Taisha. She was a lone with a man. Why in the hell would she come a’runnin to me?”
“For this reason. You’d come over he a yellin’ she get off the hook causin’ is a fight we’d forget. I ain’t going to fight cha.”
“Wanna do it?” Andre smiles knowing the time they have left before their daughter would even think of walking over and Taisha has never turned him down.
“How long you tell her.”
“Get here girl.” Taisha casually walks over to Andre to jump into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck and legs locked around his waist. Getting into a smooth kisses letting the memory of how the move together sink in. Andre moves knowing the amount of steps needed to get to the bedroom. Taisha’s hands are moving down Andre’s back pulling at his shirt to show the body she had fallen for. Chi-zed abs, a cut back from the hard work over the years, and arms capable of throwing her in any direction. Andre dips Taisha on the bed and begins to kiss her all over. Letting their breaths be the only thing heard. Taisha knows this feeling. She lives for this feeling of Andre. Andre works his way up her to more her robe slowly kissing her as he moves the robe open.
Mom!” Andre and Taisha jump up.
“I thought we had enough time.”
“We did.” Taisha throw her robe back over her. Going for the door and throw Andre’s shirt back at him.
“Desiree honey?”
“Mom? Where are you?”
“I’m upstairs. I just got out of the tub.” Andre goes to next to the bed so that he would be out of sight from her daughter.
“Can I come in?”
“Just give me a moment to get my robe on.” Desiree knocks on the door still. “Desiree just give me a second, what’s your rush?” Taisha opens the door and Desiree just pushes past her, turns, and sits on the edge of Taisha’s bed.
“Ma’ why do you treat me like I am still a child. I am fifteen and yes I may be a teenager but I have been forced to grow up in other ways then kids my age. I don’t have both of my parents for one. I have been working since I was ten. That guy that was here, wasn’t here for me. He was asking for you. We were simply waiting for you. Then you ran him off. “
“He was asking for me.” Taisha takes a step back to lean against the wall.
“Yes. Now I am going back to dad’s house. I told him I would make him dinner so I need to go get food from the store. I was surprised to not see him here actually. Maybe he did go for a walk like he said. But mom, you need to trust me.”
“I’m sorry Des, I love you.” Taisha hugs her daughter and gives her a kiss on her forehead. That is all that they need, Desiree walks out the room and leaves.
“That was close.”
“Andre we can’t keep doing this. There was a reason we never got married. You should go.”
“But-”
“Andre look at us. We can’t even show our own daughter we’re civil. You hide under my bed from her. You should go.” Andre picks up his shirt, heads down the stair and shuts the front door.
“God if I’ve lost my chance with this women, have her move on. If she’s the one, have me marry her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment